- This event has passed.
TCN Non Profit Board Engagement Workshop
September 13 @ 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
In this evening of practical tips and innovative engagements for your board, you’ll learn ways to demonstrate to board members how they can be effective members of the non-profit team. Hear from financial consultant Meredith Sossman and a member of
Board members often bring a sense of passion without remembering why they are there to advise the nonprofit. In navigating their new roles with challenges like “fundraising” as a nerve-wracking specter, they lose sight of the value their experience brings to the table and the humility to understand the business of mission driven work. This session will help nonprofit leaders and their Board to rethink the approach to excellence in board selection and recruitment, orientation, role definition and engagement.
• Understanding the Annual Board Development Cycle and your roles/responsibilities
• What roles are you comfortable working in as a board?
• Prospecting, Ambassadorship, Connecting, Solicitation and Stewardship
• Assess your current system
• Does it work or not? Why or why not?
• Understand steps in the solicitation process
• Polish your personal solicitation approach